Joey Shea is a researcher focusing on the social, economic, and political impacts of technology in the Middle East. She previously worked as a researcher at the American University in Cairo. In 2017, she received her M.A. from the University of Toronto in Political Science.
Follow Joey on Twitter:
- North Sinai’s Information Blackout June 4, 2021
- Egypt’s Digital Foreign Policy February 2, 2021
- Disinformation Campaign Targets Rape Victim and Witnesses in Egypt October 8, 2020
- Misinfo, Disinfo, and Fake News in Egypt’s COVID-19 “Infodemic” May 8, 2020
- Global tech and domestic tactics: Egypt’s multifaceted regime of information controls January 31, 2020
- Egypt’s Online Repression Thwarts Both Growth and Democracy August 16, 2019