Source: Economic Research Forum
- Investment-related regulations are a major determinant of the firm’s decision to expand its activities and enter the exports market.
- Despite recent reforms of investment related laws and regulations, exports continue to drop.
- Exporters in Egypt face a number of constraints varying between political instability, unequal competition from state owned firms, and complicated business-related procedures.
- Political stability and political leverage of state-owned firms are both the main obstacles hindering exports in the private sector.
- Serious implementation of reforms, ensuring competition and transparency in the market are indispensable to support exporters in line with the 2030 Strategy….